We currently have an opportunity available for an Express Service Technician - IF YOU LOVE CARS AND ARE A GO GETTER AND READY TO WORK IN A FAST PACE JOB WITH LOTS OF OPPORTUNITY TO GROW INTO A FULL LINE TECHNICIAN, GILLMAN HONDA HOUSTON IS THE PLACE TO BE!!!
If you are looking for a professional, fun, competitive & fast-paced environment with above-average earning potential & benefits then keep reading! Qualified candidates possess the ability to perform their work efficiently, accurately, and in accordance with dealership and factory standards.
Essential Duties include the following. Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned:
• Performs not only oil changes but various maintenance services on customer vehicles.
• Performs a thorough check of guest vehicles, refers to needed repairs, and preventive maintenance to ASM, will be required to get your state inspection license in first 90 days of employment.
• Inspects oil, cabin, air filters, and vehicle fluid levels and replaces or replenishes as necessary.
• Checks tire pressures and add air, as needed.
• Documents all work performed on the repair order and inspection sheet. Must complete all Manufacturer's training within your first 60 days of employment.
• Operates and maintains in good condition all lubrication equipment.
• Assists the service department, as needed.
• Operated all tools and equipment in a safe manner.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The individual should possess:
• A high school diploma or equivalent: some college or vocational school preferred.
• A minimum of one (1) year automotive repair experience, desired; or a combination of education and experience.
• Knowledge of automotive repair and maintenance required;
• Ability to operate manual transmission vehicles;pay attention to detail; read and comprehend instructions and information in the English language.
• Must have a valid driver’s license and have and maintain an acceptable, safe driving record, as well as pass drug and criminal background screen.
Pay $15.00 per flat rate hour - We are one of the highest volume stores in Houston. Tech flag hours range from 45-65 per week depending on your skill set. Monthly Tech Bonuses, in-house cookouts.
WORK WITH A GREAT TEAM, Our company believes in promoting within.
This is an entry level technician position, if you have a mechanical apptitude this is a great career start for you. Training provided by our in-house Technician Team Leader.
Up to 2 weeks paid vacation after 2 years and 5 paid holidays
• 401(k) with company match
• Employee discounts
• Drug-Free work environment
VERY GOOD PAY RATES PER FLAG HOUR, NOT HOURLY.
Since 1938, The Gillman Companies have been a family-owned and operated group of automobile dealerships. With over 80 years of success, the Houston-based automotive group has 10 dealerships across Houston, Rosenberg, San Benito, Harlingen, and San Antonio representing Honda, Mitsubishi, Nissan, Chevrolet, Buick, GMC, Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, and Subaru.
The company was founded by Frank Gillman when the first dealership opened on Milam Street in downtown Houston. Frank knew the importance of customer loyalty. He also understood that loyalty had to be earned. 80 years later, the location and scope of the business have changed, but the constant emphasis on customer satisfaction remains the same.
Now run by Frank's Granddaughter Stacey Gillman, under her leadership, the Gillman Companies have grown to become one of the largest retail automotive groups in America. And today, the third Gillman generation is active in the business.
Success has not altered the organization's founding principle. Every employee in every Gillman dealership knows customer satisfaction is paramount. And, they understand continued prosperity, as well as future growth, depends upon maintaining this long-established tradition of excellence.