San Antonio, Texas
Posted On: October 29, 2020
Last Day to Apply: November 30, 2020
The Gillman Companies is an established group of family owned automobile dealerships based out of Houston, TX. We have served the automotive needs of Texas since 1938 by maintaining a long-established tradition of excellence and customer satisfaction. Gillman has also been named one of the Houston Chronicle's Top 100 Workplaces 6 years in a row and San Antonio's Express News Top Workplace for 7 years in a row!
We currently have an opportunity available for an Administrative Assistant. Qualified candidates will share our passion for great customer service and have a drive to go above and beyond the minimum standard.
The Administrative Assistant will execute administrative policies determined by or in conjunction with executives by performing the following responsibilities.
- Coordinates Sales Manager’s calendar, scheduling appointments and conference calls (where applicable)
- Composes routine and complex correspondences including agenda, notices, minutes, resolutions, memos, confidential correspondences, reports, strategic plans, and other documents
- Coordinates month-end, and quarterly review books
- Screens Sales manager’s incoming telephone calls and incoming correspondences
- Arranges travel plans and itineraries; compiles documents for travel related meetings
- Addresses/manages internal and external client concerns
- Greets visitors and directs them to the appropriate area or member
- Professionally administers overflow of incoming phone calls for sales
- Ensure calls are routed to appropriate department as requested by client
- Updates telephone directory as necessary
- Prepares daily inventory and units sold reports
- Assists with marketing events as needed
- Updates client records as needed
- Attends weekly department meetings
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Associate's degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Drug Free work environment
Since 1938, The Gillman Companies have been a family-owned and operated group of automobile dealerships. With over 70 years of success, the Houston-based automotive group has 10 dealerships across Houston, Rosenberg, San Benito, Harlingen, and San Antonio representing Honda, Mitsubishi, Nissan, Chevrolet, Buick, GMC, Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, and Subaru.
The company was founded by Frank Gillman when the first dealership opened on Milam Street in downtown Houston. Frank knew the importance of customer loyalty. He also understood that loyalty had to be earned. Over 70 years later, the location and scope of the business has changed, but the constant emphasis on customer satisfaction remains the same.
Now run by Frank's Granddaughter Stacey Gillman, under her leadership, the Gillman Companies have grown to become one of the largest retail automotive groups in America. And today, the third Gillman generation is active in the business.
Success has not altered the organization's founding principle. Every employee in every Gillman dealership knows customer satisfaction is paramount. And, they understand continued prosperity, as well as future growth, depends upon maintaining this long-established tradition of excellence.