We currently have an opportunity available for an Express Service Technician.
If you are looking for a professional, fun, competitive & fast-paced environment with above-average earning potential & benefits then keep reading! Qualified candidates possess the ability to perform their work efficiently, accurately, and in accordance with dealership and factory standards.
Essential Duties include the following. Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned:
• Performs oil changes on guest vehicles.
• Performs a thorough check of guest vehicles, refers to needed repairs, and preventive maintenance to ASM.
• Inspects oil, cabin, air filters, and vehicle fluid levels and replaces or replenishes as necessary.
• Checks tire pressures and add air, as needed.
• Documents all work performed on the repair order and inspection sheet.
• Operates and maintains in good condition all lubrication equipment.
• Assists the service department, as needed.
• Operated all tools and equipment in a safe manner.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The individual should possess:
• A high school diploma or equivalent: some college or vocational school preferred.
• A minimum of one (1) year automotive repair experience, desired; or a combination of education and experience.
• Knowledge of automotive repair and maintenance required; and mathematical principles (adding, subtracting, dividing, multiplying, and percentages) and application.
• Ability to operate manual transmission vehicles; determining causes of operating errors and deciding what to do about it; pay attention to detail; read and comprehend instructions and information in the English language.
• Must have a valid driver’s license and have and maintain an acceptable, safe driving record, as well as pass drug and criminal background screen.
Up to 2 weeks paid vacation after 2 years and 5 paid holidays
• 401(k) with company match
• Employee discounts
• Drug-Free work environment
Since 1938, The Gillman Companies have been a family-owned and operated group of automobile dealerships. With over 80 years of success, the Houston-based automotive group has 10 dealerships across Houston, Rosenberg, San Benito, Harlingen, and San Antonio representing Honda, Mitsubishi, Nissan, Chevrolet, Buick, GMC, Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, and Subaru.
The company was founded by Frank Gillman when the first dealership opened on Milam Street in downtown Houston. Frank knew the importance of customer loyalty. He also understood that loyalty had to be earned. 80 years later, the location and scope of the business have changed, but the constant emphasis on customer satisfaction remains the same.
Now run by Frank's Granddaughter Stacey Gillman, under her leadership, the Gillman Companies have grown to become one of the largest retail automotive groups in America. And today, the third Gillman generation is active in the business.
Success has not altered the organization's founding principle. Every employee in every Gillman dealership knows customer satisfaction is paramount. And, they understand continued prosperity, as well as future growth, depends upon maintaining this long-established tradition of excellence.