San Antonio, Texas
Last Day to Apply: June 07, 2020
The Gillman Companies is an established group of family-owned automobile dealerships based out of Houston, TX. We have served the automotive needs of Texas since 1938 by maintaining a long-established tradition of excellence and customer satisfaction. Gillman has also been named one of the Houston Chronicle's Top 100 Workplaces 9 years!
We currently have an opportunity available for a Service Porter. Qualified candidates will share our passion for great customer service and have the drive to go above and beyond the minimum standard.
The Service Porter will park and retrieve service clients' cars in a friendly and professional manner.
- Greets clients/ Escorts client to the appropriate member
- Parks cars in designated areas
- Retrieves cars for clients
- Finds and installs license plates
- Replaces vehicle bulbs
- Notifies Assistant Service Manager or Estimator if a client is waiting
- Keeps service drive free of vehicles
- Maintains strict adherence to dealership policy on client vehicle care and operation
- Help clients transfer luggage or packages between cars
- Assists techs in moving inoperable vehicles
- Alerts Manager to any damage to clients’ vehicles
- Assists with housekeeping on the service drive keeping it clean and clear of debris
- Attends department meetings
- No prior experience necessary
- Must be eligible to work in the US
- Must pass pre-employment screening to include MVR, drug screen, and criminal background check
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations (Including Driver's License)
- Operator's Driver's License (must be insurable)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- 401(k) with company match
- Paid vacation
- Employee discounts
- Drug-Free work environment
Since 1938, The Gillman Companies have been a family-owned and operated group of automobile dealerships. With over 80 years of success, the Houston-based automotive group has 10 dealerships across Houston, Rosenberg, San Benito, Harlingen, and San Antonio representing Honda, Mitsubishi, Nissan, Chevrolet, Buick, GMC, Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, and Subaru.
The company was founded by Frank Gillman when the first dealership opened on Milam Street in downtown Houston. Frank knew the importance of customer loyalty. He also understood that loyalty had to be earned. Over 80 years later, the location and scope of the business have changed, but the constant emphasis on customer satisfaction remains the same.
Now run by Frank's Granddaughter Stacey Gillman, under her leadership, the Gillman Companies have grown to become one of the largest retail automotive groups in America. And today, the third Gillman generation is active in the business.
Success has not altered the organization's founding principle. Every employee in every Gillman dealership knows customer satisfaction is paramount. And, they understand continued prosperity, as well as future growth, depends upon maintaining this long-established tradition of excellence.