Make Ready Tech
San Antonio, Texas
Posted On: May 04, 2020
Make-Ready Tech/Detailer – Automotive
Are you a clean freak? Do you obsess over every little detail? Do you love that new car smell? If so, our busy dealership may have the perfect opportunity for you as our new make-ready tech/detailer. Sure, we work hard. But we also take good care of those who work to make our dealership a success. If that’s you, let’s talk. For the right person, the rewards can be outstanding.
- Train and assist other make-ready and detail techs
- Maintain inventory and order make-ready supplies
- Act as liaison between department staff and sales managers to facilitate the process for new and pre-owned vehicles
- Detail client vehicles as needed
- Maintain strict adherence to dealership policy on client vehicle care and operation
- Note damage and notify service so a claim can be filed within 24 hours
- Perform quality control inspections of all vehicles before being brought to frontline
- Coordinate with sales and service to ensure on-time deliveries
- Attend department meetings
Education and/or Experience
- High school diploma or GED
- 1 to 3 months of related experience and/or training although candidates with an equivalent combination of education and experience will also be considered
- Must be eligible to work in the US and pass pre-employment screening to include MVR, drug test, and criminal background check
- Compensation is based on experience and commensurate with Fortune 500 companies
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to utilize manual dexterity as well as stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- 401(k) with company match
- Paid vacation
- Employee discounts
- Drug-Free work environment
Since 1938, The Gillman Companies have been a family-owned and operated group of automobile dealerships. With over 80 years of success, the Houston-based automotive group has 10 dealerships across Houston, Rosenberg, San Benito, Harlingen, and San Antonio representing Honda, Mitsubishi, Nissan, Chevrolet, Buick, GMC, Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, and Subaru.
The company was founded by Frank Gillman when the first dealership opened on Milam Street in downtown Houston. Frank knew the importance of customer loyalty. He also understood that loyalty had to be earned. Over 80 years later, the location and scope of the business have changed, but the constant emphasis on customer satisfaction remains the same.
Now run by Frank's Granddaughter Stacey Gillman, under her leadership, the Gillman Companies have grown to become one of the largest retail automotive groups in America. And today, the third Gillman generation is active in the business.
Success has not altered the organization's founding principle. Every employee in every Gillman dealership knows customer satisfaction is paramount. And, they understand continued prosperity, as well as future growth, depends upon maintaining this long-established tradition of excellence.