Last Day to Apply: November 30, 2019
The Gillman Companies is an established group of family owned automobile dealerships based out of Houston, TX. We have served the automotive needs of Texas since 1938 by maintaining a long-established tradition of excellence and customer satisfaction. Gillman has also been named one of the Houston Chronicle's Top 100 Workplaces 8 years!
We currently have an opportunity available for a Make Ready Auto Detailer. Qualified candidates will share our passion for great customer service and have a drive to go above and beyond the minimum standard.
Make Ready Auto Detailer
The purpose of the Make Ready Technician position is to prepare and detail vehicles for delivery.
- Attend half of a day company orientation
- Must be able to work within the company's hours of operation
- Trains and assists other make-ready new hires for detail position when needed
- Notifies direct supervisor when make-ready supplies are getting low
- Acts as liaison between department staff(s) and Sales Managers to facilitate the process for new and pre-owned vehicles
- Details clients’ vehicles as needed - note any noticable damage to interior and exterior prior to starting detail and report to service advisor
- Maintains strict adherence to dealership policy on client vehicle care and operation
- Notes damage on any new car unit coming off of the transport truck and notify direct supervisor so a claim can be filed within 24 hours
- Performs quality control inspection of all vehicles before being brought to frontline
- Coordinates with Sales and Service to insure on-time deliveries
- Maintain parking lot posted speed limits
- Follow all dealership policies and procedures according to company electronic reference handbook
- Attends department meetings
- Report any safety concerns to direct supervisor
Education and/or Experience
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); and one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to utilize manual dexterity as well as stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- 401(k) with company match
- Drug Free work environment
- Paid vacation
- Employee discounts
- Clean shop
- Detail eqipment and supplies furnished
- Great team members to work with
Since 1938, The Gillman Companies have been a family-owned and operated group of automobile dealerships. With over 80 years of success, the Houston-based automotive group has 10 dealerships across Houston, Rosenberg, San Benito, Harlingen, and San Antonio representing Honda, Mitsubishi, Nissan, Chevrolet, Buick, GMC, Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, and Subaru.
The company was founded by Frank Gillman when the first dealership opened on Milam Street in downtown Houston. Frank knew the importance of customer loyalty. He also understood that loyalty had to be earned. Over 80 years later, the location and scope of the business has changed, but the constant emphasis on customer satisfaction remains the same.
Now run by Frank's Granddaughter Stacey Gillman, under her leadership, the Gillman Companies have grown to become one of the largest retail automotive groups in America. And today, the third Gillman generation is active in the business.
Success has not altered the organization's founding principle. Every employee in every Gillman dealership knows customer satisfaction is paramount. And, they understand continued prosperity, as well as future growth, depends upon maintaining this long-established tradition of excellence.