Last Day to Apply: November 30, 2019
The Gillman Companies is an established group of family owned automobile dealerships based out of Houston, TX. We have served the automotive needs of Texas since 1938 by maintaining a long-established tradition of excellence and customer satisfaction. Gillman has also been named one of the Houston Chronicle's Top 100 Workplaces 8 years!
We currently have an opportunity available for a Make Ready Technician. Qualified candidates will share our passion for great customer service and have a drive to go above and beyond the minimum standard.
Make Ready Technician
The purpose of the Make Ready Technician position is to inspection new inventory vehicles and install accessories.
- Trains and assists other make-ready technicians when requested
- Assures security of client's possesions
- Inform you manager when you need make-ready supplies
- Acts as liaison between department staff and Sales Managers to facilitate the process for new and pre-owned vehicles
- Details clients’ vehicles as needed
- Helps with recruiting for department by word of mouth when an open position is available
- Maintains strict adherence to dealership policy on client vehicle care and operation
- Notes any transportation damage upon inspection new units and notify Service so a claim can be filed within 24 hours
- Performs quality control inspection of all vehicles before being brought to frontline; report any manufacturer defects or malfunctions to the Service Department for proper repair prior to putting vehicle on the front line
- Coordinates with Sales and Service to insure on-time deliveries for scheduled accessory installations
- Enforces the proper use of the department’s designated parking areas, supplies, utilities, etc. in order to eliminate waste and maximize the profitability of the department
- Attends department meetings as scheduled
- Reports any safety issues whether equipment malfunction or employee related to management right away
- Team work and a positive attitude is essential
- Follow all company polices and procedures
Education and/or Experience
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); and one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to utilize manual dexterity as well as stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- 401(k) with company match
- Drug Free work environment
- Paid vacation
- Employee discounts
- Clean shop with state of the art equipment
- Great team members to work with
Since 1938, The Gillman Companies have been a family-owned and operated group of automobile dealerships. With over 80 years of success, the Houston-based automotive group has 10 dealerships across Houston, Rosenberg, San Benito, Harlingen, and San Antonio representing Honda, Mitsubishi, Nissan, Chevrolet, Buick, GMC, Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, and Subaru.
The company was founded by Frank Gillman when the first dealership opened on Milam Street in downtown Houston. Frank knew the importance of customer loyalty. He also understood that loyalty had to be earned. Over 80 years later, the location and scope of the business has changed, but the constant emphasis on customer satisfaction remains the same.
Now run by Frank's Granddaughter Stacey Gillman, under her leadership, the Gillman Companies have grown to become one of the largest retail automotive groups in America. And today, the third Gillman generation is active in the business.
Success has not altered the organization's founding principle. Every employee in every Gillman dealership knows customer satisfaction is paramount. And, they understand continued prosperity, as well as future growth, depends upon maintaining this long-established tradition of excellence.