Quick Lube Technician - Gillman Subaru
Last Day to Apply: June 30, 2020
Quick Lube Technician
If working on cars gets your gears moving, we’re ready to accelerate your career. As a Quick Lube Technician, you’ll start by inspecting and lubricating vehicles quickly and thoroughly. We’ll provide you with the training and expertise to ensure you’re running optimally. With a little elbow grease, your career can go from zero to one hundred before you know it. At our dealership, the door is always open. And so are your options.
- Competative compensation
- A great working environment where you’ll be supported by a team of professionals
- Medical, Dental, Life & Vision Insurance
- 401K Retirement Savings Plan with a company match
- Paid vacation
- Discounts on vehicle purchases
- Advancement opportunities for high performers
The Responsibilities and Requirements:
- Performing multipoint inspections and communicate additional service/repair needs to service advisors
- Servicing universal joints, grease fittings, and steering knuckles using grease guns
- Inspect fluid levels in steering gears, power steering reservoirs, transmissions, differentials, rear axle housings and shackles
- Checking tire pressure, adding water to radiators, and replacing oil and air filters
- Lubricating moving parts with specified lubricants
- Draining oil from crankcases and refilling with oil
- Inspecting all vehicles for additional repairs
- Must be able to work in the US and pass pre-employment screening to include MVR (must be insurable), drug screen, and criminal background check
- The capability to read/comprehend written instructions and information
- Familiarity with all aspects of automotive repair/maintenance
- A valid driver’s license and be able to operate manual transmissions
- Prior experience as a technician’s helper or apprentice would be highly desirable
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills
- The capacity to stand, stoop, bend, and lift up to 50 pounds
- Work in the seated position for long periods while operating controls with arms and legs.
- The capability to work quickly and efficiently in a fast paced environment
Since 1938, The Gillman Companies have been a family-owned and operated group of automobile dealerships. With over 80 years of success, the Houston-based automotive group has 10 dealerships across Houston, Rosenberg, San Benito, Harlingen, and San Antonio representing Honda, Mitsubishi, Nissan, Chevrolet, Buick, GMC, Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, and Subaru. The company was founded by Frank Gillman when the first dealership opened on Milam Street in downtown Houston. Frank knew the importance of customer loyalty. He also understood that loyalty had to be earned. Over 80 years later, the location and scope of the business has changed, but the constant emphasis on customer satisfaction remains the same. Now run by Frank's Granddaughter Stacey Gillman, under her leadership, the Gillman Companies have grown to become one of the largest retail automotive groups in America. And today, the third Gillman generation is active in the business. Success has not altered the organization's founding principle. Every employee in every Gillman dealership knows customer satisfaction is paramount. And, they understand continued prosperity, as well as future growth, depends upon maintaining this long-established tradition of excellence.
Turn your automotive passions into a performance driven career - apply now and get started.