Experienced Collision Estimator
Last Day to Apply: May 24, 2019
Collision Center Estimator – Automotive
Accuracy. Honesty. Attention to detail. If you have these qualities AND want to make a great living putting them to use, then our dealership has an opportunity for you. As our collision center estimator, you will work with some of the best collision center managers in the business to ensure that repairs are estimated properly and delivered as promised. Our goal is to always exceed expectations, and we need estimators who feel the same way.
Prior experience as an estimator or in a customer service role is preferred.
- Prepare honest, accurate and complete damage estimates for customers
- Inspect damaged vehicles thoroughly using standard written procedures
- Estimate repair costs and the anticipated time needed to complete them
- Monitor repairs as they are made and track costs, labor and materials
- Ensure that all work meets quality standards
- Provide exceptional customer service and follow-up
- Coordinate and communicate actions within the dealership and the collision center
Qualifications and Professional Attributes
- Demonstrated ability to work professionally and courteously with customers
- A people-focused mindset and a passion for providing great customer service
- Proficiency with multiline phone systems and computers
- Ability to work in a fast-paced work environment
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Professional appearance and strong work ethic
- Must be able to communicate clearly and effectively in English
- Must be eligible to work in the US
- Must pass pre-employment screening to include MVR, drug test, and criminal background check
Education and/or Experience
High school diploma or GED
Customer service experience is a plus
Compensation is based on experience and commensurate with Fortune 500 companies.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk. The employee is occasionally required to sit and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
- 401(k) with company match
- Paid vacation
- Employee discounts
- Drug Free work environment
Since 1938, The Gillman Companies have been a family-owned and operated group of automobile dealerships. With over 80 years of success, the Houston-based automotive group has 10 dealerships across Houston, Rosenberg, San Benito, Harlingen, and San Antonio representing Honda, Mitsubishi, Nissan, Chevrolet, Buick, GMC, Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, and Subaru.
The company was founded by Frank Gillman when the first dealership opened on Milam Street in downtown Houston. Frank knew the importance of customer loyalty. He also understood that loyalty had to be earned. Over 80 years later, the location and scope of the business has changed, but the constant emphasis on customer satisfaction remains the same.
Now run by Frank's Granddaughter Stacey Gillman, under her leadership, the Gillman Companies have grown to become one of the largest retail automotive groups in America. And today, the third Gillman generation is active in the business.
Success has not altered the organization's founding principle. Every employee in every Gillman dealership knows customer satisfaction is paramount. And, they understand continued prosperity, as well as future growth, depends upon maintaining this long-established tradition of excellence.