Pre-Delivery New Car Service Technician
Last Day to Apply: January 31, 2019
The Gillman Companies is an established group of family owned automobile dealerships based out of Houston, TX. We have served the automotive needs of Texas since 1938 by maintaining a long-established tradition of excellence and customer satisfaction. Gillman has also been named one of the Houston Chronicle's Top 100 Workplaces 8 years!
We currently have an opportunity available for a Make Ready Technician. Qualified candidates will share our passion for great customer service and have a drive to go above and beyond the minimum standard.
Make Ready Technician
The purpose of the Make Ready Technician position is to prepare and detail vehicles for delivery.
- Must have standard impact, with wrenches, sockets and tools, etc. required to complete daily tasks
- Must have your State Inspector License prior to starting
- Performs pre-delivery inspection as per Manufacturer's Check List
- Test drives vehicle and fills each unit with gas
- Quality Contol to ensure vehicle is ready to sell on the front line to our clients
- Follows company gas card procedures
- Accessory Installations
- Must drive speed limit at all times
- Enforces the proper use of the department's designated parking area, supplies, utilities, etc. in order to eliminate waste and maximize the profitability of the department
- Trains and assists other make-ready technicians at times
- Assures security of clients’ possessions
- Maintains strict adherence to dealership policy on client vehicle care and operation
- Notes damage and notify Service so a claim can be filed within 24 hours
- Coordinates with Sales and Service to insure on-time deliveries
- Attends department meetings
- Must be available Monday-Saturday with 2 days off per week
- Must be available to work longer during peak sales
Education and/or Experience Requirements
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); and one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Must have the skillset to install all types of manufacturer accessories such as rear deck spoilers, trailer hitch, illumination kits, remote start systems, mud guards, etc.
Must be eligible to work in the US and pass pre-employment screening to inlcude MVR, drug test, and criminal background check
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to utilize manual dexterity as well as stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
HIGH VOLUME STORE MEANS STEADY WORK/HOURS
- 401(k) with company match
- Employee discounts
- Drug Free work environment
- Paid vacation after 1 year of employment
- Paid holidays
- Well maintained shop to work in
- Great Team Members to assist you while learning
Since 1938, The Gillman Companies have been a family-owned and operated group of automobile dealerships. With over 80 years of success, the Houston-based automotive group has 10 dealerships across Houston, Rosenberg, San Benito, Harlingen, and San Antonio representing Honda, Mitsubishi, Nissan, Chevrolet, Buick, GMC, Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, and Subaru.
The company was founded by Frank Gillman when the first dealership opened on Milam Street in downtown Houston. Frank knew the importance of customer loyalty. He also understood that loyalty had to be earned. Over 80 years later, the location and scope of the business has changed, but the constant emphasis on customer satisfaction remains the same.
Now run by Frank's Granddaughter Stacey Gillman, under her leadership, the Gillman Companies have grown to become one of the largest retail automotive groups in America. And today, the third Gillman generation is active in the business.
Success has not altered the organization's founding principle. Every employee in every Gillman dealership knows customer satisfaction is paramount. And, they understand continued prosperity, as well as future growth, depends upon maintaining this long-established tradition of excellence.