Customer Service Attendant
Last Day to Apply: January 31, 2020
The Gillman Companies is an established group of family owned automobile dealerships based out of Houston, TX. We have served the automotive needs of Texas since 1938 by maintaining a long-established tradition of excellence and customer satisfaction. Gillman has also been named one of the Houston Chronicle's Top 100 Workplaces 8 years!
We currently have an opportunity available for a Greeter. Qualified candidates will share our passion for great customer service and have a drive to go above and beyond the minimum standard.
Customer Service Attendant
The Greeter will hospitably greet all clients visiting the dealership and strive to make their experience positive, drop customers off if needed at their home or place of work
The Car Washer is a secondary position to fill in at peak times or in place of car wash attendant days off
- Greets clients & visitors, obtains name and nature of business and directs to the appropriate destination
- Directs clients to lounge, and refers clients to appropriate personnel for vehicle status updates
- Take Tire Measurements - Spiff Pay for every tire sold through this process on top of hourly pay
- Facilitates customer vehicles through the automated car wash
- Attends department meetings as needed
- Maintains a professional appearance and neat work area
- Performs other duties as assigned
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
Effective interpersonal, written and verbal communication
Must be eligible to work in the US and pass pre-employment screening to include MVR, drug test, and criminal background check
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Required to stand for long periods of time
- Bending down to take tire measurements
- 401(k) with company match
- Paid vacation
- Employee discounts
- Drug Free work environment
- Great group of employees to work with
- All employees are eligible for rewards if the dealership wins Presidents Award
Since 1938, The Gillman Companies have been a family-owned and operated group of automobile dealerships. With 80 years of success, the Houston-based automotive group has 10 dealerships across Houston, Rosenberg, San Benito, Harlingen, and San Antonio representing Honda, Mitsubishi, Nissan, Chevrolet, Buick, GMC, Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, and Subaru.
The company was founded by Frank Gillman when the first dealership opened on Milam Street in downtown Houston. Frank knew the importance of customer loyalty. He also understood that loyalty had to be earned. 80 years later, the location and scope of the business has changed, but the constant emphasis on customer satisfaction remains the same.
Now run by Frank's Granddaughter Stacey Gillman, under her leadership, the Gillman Companies have grown to become one of the largest retail automotive groups in America. And today, the third Gillman generation is active in the business.
Success has not altered the organization's founding principle. Every employee in every Gillman dealership knows customer satisfaction is paramount. And, they understand continued prosperity, as well as future growth, depends upon maintaining this long-established tradition of excellence.