EXPERIENCED AUTOMOTIVE TECHNICIAN
Last Day to Apply: March 31, 2019
Service Technician – Automotive Pay Rate $15.00 - $27.00 Per Flag Hour Depending on Experience
Skilled technicians are in high demand. So to keep a good service tech, you have to treat them right. Here, you’ll work alongside some of the best in the business. You’ll also be responsible for diagnosing and repairing client and dealership vehicles while maintaining a positive relationship with clients who return with unsatisfactory work. We run an honest shop and need honest, hard-working techs. Only those who value integrity and ethics need apply.
- Examine and diagnose vehicles
- Discuss repairs with shop foreman or service advisor
- Communicate additional service requests to service advisor
- Plan work procedures in cooperation with shop foreman
- Provide labor time estimates to service advisor
- Monitor repair time and update service advisor regularly
- Follow Honda Manufacturer's policy and procedures on warranty repairs
- Maintain strict adherence to dealership policies on vehicle care and operation
- Complete story and/or documentation for client repairs
- Assist in mentoring technician trainees
- Attend company and factory training
- Keep current with factory technical bulletins
- Understand and follow federal, state and local regulations (such as disposal of hazardous waste)
Requirements, Education and/or Experience
High school diploma or GED (general equivalency diploma); or 1 to 2 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Your
Must be eligible to work in the US and pass pre-employment screening to include MVR, drug screen, and criminal background check
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Operator Driver License
State Inspection License (optional, a requirement for pre-owned techs)
Compensation is based on experience and commensurate with Fortune 500 companies
- Performance Based Pay Plan - Skill Set and Years of Experience will determine pay
- Efficiency Bonus paid out weekly
- Self Study Bonus paid out Monthly
- Dealer pays for all Manufacturer Training to work towards becoming a Master Technician
- Dealer pays for weekly uniform rental and cleaning
- 401(k) with company match
- Paid vacation
- Employee discounts
- Shop kept clean and equipment up to date
- 1 stall and 1 lift assigned to work within
- Dealer Shop Foreman and Team Leader on staff to assist all technicians
- High Volume Dealer in Service Clients and Pre-owned Sales
- Drug Free work environment
Since 1938, The Gillman Companies have been a family-owned and operated group of automobile dealerships. With 80 years of success, the Houston-based automotive group has 10 dealerships across Houston, Rosenberg, San Benito, Harlingen, and San Antonio representing Honda, Mitsubishi, Nissan, Chevrolet, Buick, GMC, Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, and Subaru.
The company was founded by Frank Gillman when the first dealership opened on Milam Street in downtown Houston. Frank knew the importance of customer loyalty. He also understood that loyalty had to be earned. 80 years later, the location and scope of the business has changed, but the constant emphasis on customer satisfaction remains the same.
Now run by Frank's Granddaughter Stacey Gillman, under her leadership, the Gillman Companies have grown to become one of the largest retail automotive groups in America. And today, the third Gillman generation is active in the business.
Success has not altered the organization's founding principle. Every employee in every Gillman dealership knows customer satisfaction is paramount. And, they understand continued prosperity, as well as future growth, depends upon maintaining this long-established tradition of excellence.