Sales Manager Wanted
San Antonio, Texas
Last Day to Apply: July 06, 2018
The Gillman Companies is an established group of family owned automobile dealerships based out of Houston, TX. We have served the automotive needs of Texas since 1938 by maintaining a long-established tradition of excellence and customer satisfaction. Gillman has also been named one of the Houston Chronicle's Top 100 Workplaces 7 years in a row!
We currently have an opportunity available for a Used Car Sales Manager. Qualified candidates will share our passion for great customer service and have a drive to go above and beyond the minimum standard.
Our Dealership is seeking an experienced, energetic Used Car Sales Manager. We are looking for an individual with proven success, with the ability to deliver a superior customer buying experience. A leader with integrity who maintains a teamwork mentality and develops their sales team toward continued success. If you have the ability to work within high standards, the ambition to achieve aggressive goals and grow within our organization, we want to meet with you. An aggressive pay plan is available for the right leader.
- Ability to effectively manage all areas of used car department, including but not limited to wholesale, retail, purchasing and marketing.
- Experience with internet and retail tools, IE: V-auto, E-car list.
- Ability to forecast goals and objectives for used vehicle sales, gross and key expenses on a monthly and annual basis.
- Possess strong closing abilities and ability to work with lenders.
- Understands and keeps abreast of federal, state, and local regulations.
- Ability to handle and resolve customer issues or concerns promptly and professionally.
- Ensure high standards are held for delivery of vehicles to customers.
- Ensure that sales representatives understand and follow dealership policies at all times.
- Excellent communication skills; ability to communicate effectively with customers; subordinates and other management.
Previous experience as an Automotive Sales Manager or managing a Used Car Department. Experience and knowledge of finance operations, knowledge of bank programs and ability to create excellent lender relationships are important for this position.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to walk. The employee is occasionally required to sit and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and ability to adjust focus.
- 401(k) with company match
- Employee discounts
- Drug Free work environment
Since 1938, The Gillman Companies have been a family-owned and operated group of automobile dealerships. With over 70 years of success, the Houston-based automotive group has 10 dealerships across Houston, Rosenberg, San Benito, Harlingen, and San Antonio representing Honda, Mitsubishi, Nissan, Chevrolet, Buick, GMC, Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, and Subaru.
The company was founded by Frank Gillman when the first dealership opened on Milam Street in downtown Houston. Frank knew the importance of customer loyalty. He also understood that loyalty had to be earned. Over 70 years later, the location and scope of the business has changed, but the constant emphasis on customer satisfaction remains the same.
Now run by Frank's Granddaughter Stacey Gillman, under her leadership, the Gillman Companies have grown to become one of the largest retail automotive groups in America. And today, the third Gillman generation is active in the business.
Success has not altered the organization's founding principle. Every employee in every Gillman dealership knows customer satisfaction is paramount. And, they understand continued prosperity, as well as future growth, depends upon maintaining this long-established tradition of excellence.