San Antonio, Texas
The Gillman Companies is an established group of family owned automobile dealerships based out of Houston, TX. We have served the automotive needs of Texas since 1938 by maintaining a long-established tradition of excellence and customer satisfaction. Gillman has also been named one of the Houston Chronicle's Top 100 Workplaces 7 years in a row!
We currently have an opportunity available for a Finance and Insurance Manager. Qualified candidates will share our passion for great customer service and have a drive to go above and beyond the minimum standard.
Finance and Insurance Manager
The F&I Manager is responsible for selling financial products and services to clients at the dealership. F&I managers also work with financial lenders to give fair interest rates to buyers and are also required to uphold strict legal and ethical standards while conducting business.
- Contracts all new business
- Closes potential clients, taking turns by personal contact or by phone
- Addresses bounced contracts, processing them in a timely manner
- Generates finance income on all sold clients, taking turns by personal contact or by phone
- Checks and verifies (“washes”) paperwork involved with the cash, finance or loan transactions
- Contracts or collects all money at closing
- Seeks bank approval on all financed and leased deals
- Maintains a working knowledge or leases, “balloons”, etc
- Promotes Credit Life/Accident & Health sales
- Collaborates with other departments in a professional and courteous manner
- Fills out F & I profit sheet
- Assists in acquiring approval from lenders
- Assists in the training of Sales Consultants
- Understands all current programs and rate options offered by our lenders
- Verifies insurance and completes paperwork
- Solicits extended warranty sales (after-market)
- Handles all cancellations for extended warranties and credit life cancellations
- Maintains the sale log for F&I
- Understands and implements the dealership sales process
- Attends weekly department meetings
REQUIREMENTS, EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Experience, education and training a PLUS
Must be eligible to work in the US and pass pre-employment screening to include drug test and criminal background check
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS (Including Driver's License)
Operator's Driver's License (must insurable); State Insurance License.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
- 401(k) with company match
- Employee discounts
- Paid vacation
- Drug Free work environment
Since 1938, The Gillman Companies have been a family-owned and operated group of automobile dealerships. With over 70 years of success, the Houston-based automotive group has 10 dealerships across Houston, Rosenberg, San Benito, Harlingen, and San Antonio representing Honda, Mitsubishi, Nissan, Chevrolet, Buick, GMC, Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, and Subaru.
The company was founded by Frank Gillman when the first dealership opened on Milam Street in downtown Houston. Frank knew the importance of customer loyalty. He also understood that loyalty had to be earned. Over 70 years later, the location and scope of the business has changed, but the constant emphasis on customer satisfaction remains the same.
Now run by Frank's Granddaughter Stacey Gillman, under her leadership, the Gillman Companies have grown to become one of the largest retail automotive groups in America. And today, the third Gillman generation is active in the business.
Success has not altered the organization's founding principle. Every employee in every Gillman dealership knows customer satisfaction is paramount. And, they understand continued prosperity, as well as future growth, depends upon maintaining this long-established tradition of excellence.