Last Day to Apply: July 15, 2019
The Gillman Companies is an established group of family owned automobile dealerships based out of Houston, TX. We have served the automotive needs of Texas since 1938 by maintaining a long-established tradition of excellence and customer satisfaction. Gillman has also been named one of the Houston Chronicle's Top 100 Workplaces 7 years in a row!
We currently have an opportunity available for an Express Service Cashier. Qualified candidates will share our passion for great customer service and have a drive to go above and beyond the minimum standard.
The Express Service Cashier processes monetary and credit card transactions as well as completes and closes repair orders for the dealership’s clients.
- Prints repair orders, parts invoices, bills, itemized lists, and tickets showing amount due
- Records amounts received and prepare cash reports of transactions
- Balances cash drawer at the beginning and end of each shift
- Processes repair orders Operates credit card and "Telecheck" machines
- Maintains records of daily transaction documentation
- Calculates discounts, coupons and charges and apply to proper accounts on repair order
- Prepares daily bank deposits
- Processes and receives Finance and Insurance (F&I) and necessary sales monies
- Knows and understands extended service policies, and processes extended warranty payments for repair orders
- Assists in scheduling courtesy transportation
- Processes mail
- Assists receptionist with phone calls
- Attends department meetings
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Must be eligible to work in the US and pass pre-employment screening to include drug test and criminal background check.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to walk. The employee is occasionally required to sit and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus.
- 401(k) with company match
- Paid vacation
- Employee discounts
- Drug Free work environment
Since 1938, The Gillman Companies have been a family-owned and operated group of automobile dealerships. With over 70 years of success, the Houston-based automotive group has 10 dealerships across Houston, Rosenberg, San Benito, Harlingen, and San Antonio representing Honda, Mitsubishi, Nissan, Chevrolet, Buick, GMC, Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, and Subaru.
The company was founded by Frank Gillman when the first dealership opened on Milam Street in downtown Houston. Frank knew the importance of customer loyalty. He also understood that loyalty had to be earned. Over 70 years later, the location and scope of the business has changed, but the constant emphasis on customer satisfaction remains the same.
Now run by Frank's Granddaughter Stacey Gillman, under her leadership, the Gillman Companies have grown to become one of the largest retail automotive groups in America. And today, the third Gillman generation is active in the business.
Success has not altered the organization's founding principle. Every employee in every Gillman dealership knows customer satisfaction is paramount. And, they understand continued prosperity, as well as future growth, depends upon maintaining this long-established tradition of excellence.