The Gillman Companies is an established group of family owned automobile dealerships based out of Houston, TX. We have served the automotive needs of Texas since 1938 by maintaining a long-established tradition of excellence and customer satisfaction. Gillman has also been named one of the Houston Chronicle's Top 100 Workplaces 7 years in a row!
We currently have an opportunity available for a Collision Center Estimator. Qualified candidates will share our passion for great customer service and have a drive to go above and beyond the minimum standard.
Collision Center Estimator
The Collision Center Estimator, under the leadership of the Collision Center Manager will support the process to satisfy customer demands by facilitating the process to provide repaired vehicles to customers that will exceed their expectations.
- Prepare accurate, complete and honest damage estimates for customers
- Inspect damaged vehicles thoroughly using standard written procedures
- Estimate the cost of repairs and the anticipated time needed to complete repairs
- Monitor repairs as they are made, track costs labor and materials
- Ensure that the work meets quality standards
- Demonstrated ability to work professionally and courteously with customers
- Ability to communicate in English
- Ability to work in a fast pace work environment
- Customer Service experience a plus
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Proficient with multi-line phone system and computer skills
- People focused and committed to providing great customer service
- Ability to work in a fast-paced work environment
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Professional appearance and strong work ethic
- Must be eligible to work in the US and pass pre-employment screening to include MVR, drug test, and criminal background check
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to walk. The employee is occasionally required to sit and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and ability to adjust focus.
- 401(k) with company match
- Paid vacation
- Employee discounts
- Drug Free work environment
Since 1938, The Gillman Companies have been a family-owned and operated group of automobile dealerships. With over 70 years of success, the Houston-based automotive group has 10 dealerships across Houston, Rosenberg, San Benito, Harlingen, and San Antonio representing Honda, Mitsubishi, Nissan, Chevrolet, Buick, GMC, Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, and Subaru.
The company was founded by Frank Gillman when the first dealership opened on Milam Street in downtown Houston. Frank knew the importance of customer loyalty. He also understood that loyalty had to be earned. Over 70 years later, the location and scope of the business has changed, but the constant emphasis on customer satisfaction remains the same.
Now run by Frank's Granddaughter Stacey Gillman, under her leadership, the Gillman Companies have grown to become one of the largest retail automotive groups in America. And today, the third Gillman generation is active in the business.
Success has not altered the organization's founding principle. Every employee in every Gillman dealership knows customer satisfaction is paramount. And, they understand continued prosperity, as well as future growth, depends upon maintaining this long-established tradition of excellence.