The Gillman Companies is an established group of family owned automobile dealerships based out of Houston, TX. We have served the automotive needs of Texas since 1938 by maintaining a long-established tradition of excellence and customer satisfaction. Gillman has also been named one of the Houston Chronicle's Top 100 Workplaces 7 years in a row!
We currently have an opportunity available for a Parts Delivery Driver. Qualified candidates will share our passion for great customer service and have a drive to go above and beyond the minimum standard.
The Parts Driver is responsible for picking up and delivering parts and equipment for the dealership.
- Picks up and delivers parts and equipment to guests, satellite stores, wholesale accounts, and vendors
- Keeps accurate log of daily deliveries and pick-ups
- Unloads truck every day and turns in required paperwork
- Handles basic maintenance of the truck including filling tank with gas, checking oil, keeping it clean, and making sure required inspections are performed
- Assist parts department as needed with inventory and stocking
- Performs other specific administrative functions as directed by management
- Helps maintain the professional appearance of the parts department
- Maintains professional appearance at all times
- Maintains high ethical standards in all actions
- A high school diploma or equivalent
- A minimum of one (1) year of parts experience, preferred
- Knowledge of basic mathematical concepts (such as add, subtract, divide, multiply, and percentages)
- Ability to coordinate activities with other employees; read and comprehend instructions and information in the English language
- Must ve eligible to work in the US and pass pre-employment screening to include MVR, drug test, and criminal background check
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions:
- Ability to stand, walk and/or sit for prolonged periods
- Ability to work in various working conditions both indoors and outdoors, including but not limited to extreme heat and/or cold, and rain
- Ability to kneel, bend, and/or reach above the shoulders
High School Diploma or equivalent
- 401(k) with company match
- Paid vacation
- Employee discounts
- Drug Free work environment
Since 1938, The Gillman Companies have been a family-owned and operated group of automobile dealerships. With over 70 years of success, the Houston-based automotive group has 10 dealerships across Houston, Rosenberg, San Benito, Harlingen, and San Antonio representing Honda, Mitsubishi, Nissan, Chevrolet, Buick, GMC, Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, and Subaru.
The company was founded by Frank Gillman when the first dealership opened on Milam Street in downtown Houston. Frank knew the importance of customer loyalty. He also understood that loyalty had to be earned. Over 70 years later, the location and scope of the business has changed, but the constant emphasis on customer satisfaction remains the same.
Now run by Frank's Granddaughter Stacey Gillman, under her leadership, the Gillman Companies have grown to become one of the largest retail automotive groups in America. And today, the third Gillman generation is active in the business.
Success has not altered the organization's founding principle. Every employee in every Gillman dealership knows customer satisfaction is paramount. And, they understand continued prosperity, as well as future growth, depends upon maintaining this long-established tradition of excellence.