Last Day to Apply: January 31, 2020
Service Advisor – Automotive
We need a Service Advisor who is an expert in the art and science of customer service. Must be able to greet guests, schedule appointments and act as a liaison between customers and service techs. If you can make customers feel welcome and confident that their needs are being met, then our dealership may be your next career home. Put your people skills to work for us and find out more now.
- Greet service department customers promptly and courteously—attitude is everything!
- Listen to customers and clearly translate repair needs to techs
- Upsell additional services using low pressure, high integrity methods
- Provide accurate repair/maintenance estimates
- Adhere to policies on vehicle care and operation
- Follow up on each repair and keep customers informed of progress
- Sell and manage extended warranties
- Inspect repair quality and ensure all work is complete
- Notify customers when vehicles are ready for pick up
- Review and explain repairs and associated costs with customers
- Handle minor customer concerns and complaints
- Keep Service Manager informed of all problems and potential problems
- Maintain Customer Satisfaction Index (CSI) scores in accordance with dealership standards
Compensation is based on experience and commensurate with Fortune 500 companies.
Must be eligible to work in the US
Must pass pre-employment screening to include MVR, drug test, and criminal background check
- 401(k) with company match
- Employee discounts
- Paid vacation
- Drug Free work environment
Since 1938, The Gillman Companies have been a family-owned and operated group of automobile dealerships. With over 70 years of success, the Houston-based automotive group has 10 dealerships across Houston, Rosenberg, San Benito, Harlingen, and San Antonio representing Honda, Mitsubishi, Nissan, Chevrolet, Buick, GMC, Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, and Subaru.
The company was founded by Frank Gillman when the first dealership opened on Milam Street in downtown Houston. Frank knew the importance of customer loyalty. He also understood that loyalty had to be earned. Over 70 years later, the location and scope of the business has changed, but the constant emphasis on customer satisfaction remains the same.
Now run by Frank's Granddaughter Stacey Gillman, under her leadership, the Gillman Companies have grown to become one of the largest retail automotive groups in America. And today, the third Gillman generation is active in the business.
Success has not altered the organization's founding principle. Every employee in every Gillman dealership knows customer satisfaction is paramount. And, they understand continued prosperity, as well as future growth, depends upon maintaining this long-established tradition of excellence.