Lube Tech (Entry Level) – Automotive
In need of a motivated individual to handle our express sevice operations. Competive pay and good advancement oppurtunity. Learn from a Service manager that started in express. Fast pace, positive enviorement with focus on customer service and detailed work creates a great learning and teaching enviroment for technicians who want to advance quickly in thier careers.
- Perform multipoint inspections
- Communicate additional service/repair needs to service advisors
- Service universal joints, grease fittings, and steering knuckles using hand- or compressed-air powered grease guns
- Inspect fluid levels in steering gears, power steering reservoirs, transmissions, differentiasl, rear axle housings and shackles
- Check tire pressure
- Lubricate moving parts with specified lubricants
- Drain oil from crankcase and refill with required amount of oil
- Add water to radiator and battery
- Replace oil and air filters
- Inspect all vehicles for additional repairs
- Adhere to all company policies, procedures, safety standards and codes of conduct
- Follow dealership safety procedures to avoid exposure to fumes, dirt and harsh chemicals
Compensation is based on experience and work ethic.
- Must meet dealership’s requirements for employment
- Ability to read/comprehend written instructions and information
- Familiarity with all aspects of automotive repair/maintenance
- Must be eligible to work in the US and pass pre-employment screening to include MVR, drug test, and criminal background check
- Prior experience as a technician’s helper or apprentice preferred
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills
Physical Requirements/Working Conditions
- Occasional exposure to inclement weather
- Ability to operate an automobile
- Prolonged periods of standing, stooping and bending
- Exerting 20 to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 10 to 25 pounds of force frequently, and/or greater than 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects
- Requires a significant amount of walking and/or standing. May also require working in the seated position for long periods while operating controls with arms and legs. This position may also require working at a production pace while pushing and/or pulling materials from place to place.
- 401(k) with company match
- Paid vacation
- Employee discounts
- Drug Free work environment
Since 1938, The Gillman Companies have been a family-owned and operated group of automobile dealerships. With over 70 years of success, the Houston-based automotive group has 10 dealerships across Houston, Rosenberg, San Benito, Harlingen, and San Antonio representing Honda, Mitsubishi, Nissan, Chevrolet, Buick, GMC, Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, and Subaru.
The company was founded by Frank Gillman when the first dealership opened on Milam Street in downtown Houston. Frank knew the importance of customer loyalty. He also understood that loyalty had to be earned. Over 70 years later, the location and scope of the business has changed, but the constant emphasis on customer satisfaction remains the same.
Now run by Frank's Granddaughter Stacey Gillman, under her leadership, the Gillman Companies have grown to become one of the largest retail automotive groups in America. And today, the third Gillman generation is active in the business.
Success has not altered the organization's founding principle. Every employee in every Gillman dealership knows customer satisfaction is paramount. And, they understand continued prosperity, as well as future growth, depends upon maintaining this long-established tradition of excellence.