EXPRESS LUBE TECHNICIANS
The Gillman Companies is an established group of family owned automobile dealerships based out of Houston, TX. We have served the automotive needs of Texas since 1938 by maintaining a long-established tradition of excellence and customer satisfaction. Gillman has also been named one of the Houston Chronicle's Top 100 Workplaces 8 years!
Express Service Technician
The Express Service Technician will be responsible for inspecting and lubricating cars in a quick and thorough manner.
- Be prompt to work - 15 minutes prior to opening
- Perform oil and filter change as per factory recommendations
- Check air pressure of tires and adjust as per factory recommendations
- Performs multipoint inspection for additional repairs that are recommended as per severity
- Inspect condition of fluids, wipers, filters, drive belts, brake pad wear, condition of tires, alignment wear, worn suspension parts, any oil leaks
- Advises service consultant of additional work and complete the additional recommended services
- Demonstrates behaviors consistent with the company's vision, mission and values in all interactions with customers, co-workers and suppliers
- Adheres to all company policies, procedures and safety standards
- Follow company safety procedures to avoid exposure to fumes, dirt and harsh chemicals
- Must pass pre-employment screening to include MVR, drug screen and criminal background check
- Must be eligible to work in the US
- Ability to read and comprehend written instructions and information
- Knowledge in all aspects of automotive repair and maintenance
- Must have a valid driver's license
- Ability to drive manual transmission vehicles
- Prior experience as a technicians helper or apprentice
- Demonstrate effective communication and interpersonal skills
- State inspection license will need to be acquired wihtin 6 months of employment
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions:
- Exposure to inclement weather
- Ability to operate an automobile
- Prolonged periods of standing, stooping and bending
- Exerting 20 to 50 pounds of force occasionally and/or 10 to 25 pounds of force frequently and/or greater than 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects
- Requires walking or standing to a significant degree, or requires sitting most of the time but entails pushing and or pulling of arm or leg controls, or requires working at a production rate pace entailing the constant pushing and /or pulling of materials
- 401(k) with company match
- Paid vacation and Paid Holidays
- Employee discounts
- Drug Free work environment
- High Volume store
- Great Team Members to Work With
- On the job training provided as needed
Since 1938, The Gillman Companies have been a family-owned and operated group of automobile dealerships. With over 80 years of success, the Houston-based automotive group has 10 dealerships across Houston, Rosenberg, San Benito, Harlingen, and San Antonio representing Honda, Mitsubishi, Nissan, Chevrolet, Buick, GMC, Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, and Subaru.
The company was founded by Frank Gillman when the first dealership opened on Milam Street in downtown Houston. Frank knew the importance of customer loyalty. He also understood that loyalty had to be earned. Over 80 years later, the location and scope of the business has changed, but the constant emphasis on customer satisfaction remains the same.
Now run by Frank's Granddaughter Stacey Gillman, under her leadership, the Gillman Companies have grown to become one of the largest retail automotive groups in America. And today, the third Gillman generation is active in the business.
Success has not altered the organization's founding principle. Every employee in every Gillman dealership knows customer satisfaction is paramount. And, they understand continued prosperity, as well as future growth, depends upon maintaining this long-established tradition of excellence.