Express Service Technician
The Gillman Companies is an established group of family owned automobile dealerships based out of Houston, TX. We have served the automotive needs of Texas since 1938 by maintaining a long-established tradition of excellence and customer satisfaction. Gillman has also been named one of the Houston Chronicle's Top 100 Workplaces 7 years in a row!
Express Service Technician
The Express Service Technician will be responsible for inspecting and lubricating cars in a quick and thorough manner.
- Performs multipoint inspection
- Advises service consultant of additional work
- Service grease fittings, universal joints and steering knuckles, using hand or compressed air powered grease gun
- Inspect fluid levels of steering gear, power steering reservoir, transmission, differential, rear axel housings, and shackles
- Check air pressure of tires
- Lubricate moving parts with specified lubricants
- Drain oil from crankcase and refill with required amount of oil
- Add water to radiator and battery
- Replace oil and air filters
- Inspect all vehicles for additional repairs needed
- Demonstrates behaviors consistent with the company's vision, mission and values in all interactions with customers, co-workers and suppliers
- Adheres to all company policies, procedures and safety standards
- Follow company safety procedures to avoid exposure to fumes, dirt and harsh chemicals
- Must pass pre-employment screening to include MVR, drug screen and criminal background check
- Must be eligible to work in the US
- Ability to read and comprehend written instructions and information
- Knowledge in all aspects of automotive repair and maintenance
- Must have a valid driver's license
- Ability to drive manual transmission vehicles
- Prior experience as a technicians helper or apprentice
- Demonstrate effective communication and interpersonal skills
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions:
- Exposure to inclement weather
- Ability to operate an automobile
- Prolonged periods of standing, stooping and bending
- Exerting 20 to 50 pounds of force occasionally and/or 10 to 25 pounds of force frequently and/or greater then 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects
- Requires walking or standing to a significant degree, or requires sitting most of the time but entails pushing and or pulling of arm or leg controls, or requires working at a production rate pace entailing the constant pushing and /or pulling of materials
- 401(k) with company match
- Paid vacation
- Employee discounts
- Drug Free work environment
Since 1938, The Gillman Companies have been a family-owned and operated group of automobile dealerships. With over 70 years of success, the Houston-based automotive group has 10 dealerships across Houston, Rosenberg, San Benito, Harlingen, and San Antonio representing Honda, Mitsubishi, Nissan, Chevrolet, Buick, GMC, Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, and Subaru.
The company was founded by Frank Gillman when the first dealership opened on Milam Street in downtown Houston. Frank knew the importance of customer loyalty. He also understood that loyalty had to be earned. Over 70 years later, the location and scope of the business has changed, but the constant emphasis on customer satisfaction remains the same.
Now run by Frank's Granddaughter Stacey Gillman, under her leadership, the Gillman Companies have grown to become one of the largest retail automotive groups in America. And today, the third Gillman generation is active in the business.
Success has not altered the organization's founding principle. Every employee in every Gillman dealership knows customer satisfaction is paramount. And, they understand continued prosperity, as well as future growth, depends upon maintaining this long-established tradition of excellence.