Parts Counter Assistant (Wholesale)
Last Day to Apply: January 31, 2018
The Gillman Companies is an established group of family owned automobile dealerships based out of Houston, TX. We have served the automotive needs of Texas since 1938 by maintaining a long-established tradition of excellence and customer satisfaction. Gillman has also been named one of the Houston Chronicle's Top 100 Workplaces 7 years in a row!
We currently have an opportunity available for a Parts Wholesaler. Qualified candidates will share our passion for great customer service and have a drive to go above and beyond the minimum standard.
The Parts Wholesale Sales Associate has the opportunity to interact with external automotive service providers to sell wholesale manufacturer parts. The goal is to create an exceptional experience to build customer loyalty to our dealership. This position interacts daily with Customers, Parts Manager and other Parts Associates.
- Identifying business opportunities to grow parts wholesale business through prospecting and sourcing of new customers using internal and external sales leads
- Building relationships with parts wholesale Customers to meet their needs and provide an excellent Customer experience
- Answer telephone calls promptly, courteously and make every effort to satisfy the caller's inquiry
- Provide Customers with needed information and offer additional sales opportunities
- Accurately price parts and accessories
- Stock incoming inventory in the correct location
- Maintain the parts department in clean and orderly manner
- Create and maintain merchandising display to promote product sales
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Proven ability to provide an exceptional customer experience
- Ability to set and achieve targeted goals
- Prior parts sales experience preferred
- Demonstrated communication and interpersonal skills
- Organization and follow-up skills
- Experience and desire to work with technology
- Valid in-state drivers license and have and maintain an acceptable, safe driving record
- Must pass pre-employment screening to include MVR, drug test, and criminal background check
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear; and taste or smell. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move more than 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and ability to adjust focus.
- 401(k) with company match
- Paid vacation
- Employee discounts
- Drug Free work environment
Since 1938, The Gillman Companies have been a family-owned and operated group of automobile dealerships. With over 70 years of success, the Houston-based automotive group has 10 dealerships across Houston, Rosenberg, San Benito, Harlingen, and San Antonio representing Honda, Mitsubishi, Nissan, Chevrolet, Buick, GMC, Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, and Subaru.
The company was founded by Frank Gillman when the first dealership opened on Milam Street in downtown Houston. Frank knew the importance of customer loyalty. He also understood that loyalty had to be earned. Over 70 years later, the location and scope of the business has changed, but the constant emphasis on customer satisfaction remains the same.
Now run by Frank's Granddaughter Stacey Gillman, under her leadership, the Gillman Companies have grown to become one of the largest retail automotive groups in America. And today, the third Gillman generation is active in the business.
Success has not altered the organization's founding principle. Every employee in every Gillman dealership knows customer satisfaction is paramount. And, they understand continued prosperity, as well as future growth, depends upon maintaining this long-established tradition of excellence.