Express Service Advisor – Automotive
Job Description - IF YOU LOVE CARS, CAN PROVIDE GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICE AND UNDERSTAND THAT A SALES POSITION HAS THE POTENTIAL TO ALLOW YOU TO EARN A GOOD LIVING, THEN THIS IS THE PLACE FOR YOU.
#1 Priority - Great Customer Service
#2 Priority - Generate Sales
Put your natural knack for pleasing people to work! If you can make customers feel welcome and confident that their needs are being met, then our dealership may be your next career home. We need more than a Service Advisor; we need an expert in the art and science of customer service—someone who is equally as comfortable greeting customers as they are scheduling appointments and acting as a liaison between our customers and our service techs.
• Attitude is everything—greet service department customers promptly and courteously
• Listen to each customer and clearly articulate maintenance service needs to techs
• Upsell recommended/additional services using low-pressure, high-integrity methods
• Provide accurate estimates of repair/maintenance costs
• Adherence to dealership policy on customer vehicle care and operation
• Follow up on each repair and keep customers informed of progress
• Sell and manage extended pre-paid maintenance services
• Notify customers when vehicles are ready for pick up
• Review and explain repairs and associated costs with customers
• Walk clients to their vehicles to ensure the customers are "Satisfied" prior to leaving
• Handle minor customer concerns and complaints
• Keep Service Manager informed of all problems and potential problems
• Maintain Customer Satisfaction Index (CSI) scores in accordance with dealership standards
Compensation is based off commissionable sales for all pre-paid & recommended maintenance services sold
$300.00 Bonus per month for Monthly High Customer Satisfaction Scores based on individual performance
$100.00 Bonus per month for Customer Retention Efforts based on individual performance
*Earning potential ranges from $1800.00 - $3500.00+
• 401(k) with company match
• Employee discounts
• Drug-Free work environment
• Paid vacation
• Holiday Pay
*See dealer for details
Since 1938, The Gillman Companies have been a family-owned and operated group of automobile dealerships. With over 70 years of success, the Houston-based automotive group has 10 dealerships across Houston, Rosenberg, San Benito, Harlingen, and San Antonio representing Honda, Mitsubishi, Nissan, Chevrolet, Buick, GMC, Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, and Subaru.
The company was founded by Frank Gillman when the first dealership opened on Milam Street in downtown Houston. Frank knew the importance of customer loyalty. He also understood that loyalty had to be earned. 80 years later, the location and scope of the business have changed, but the constant emphasis on customer satisfaction remains the same.
Now run by Frank's Granddaughter Stacey Gillman, under her leadership, the Gillman Companies have grown to become one of the largest retail automotive groups in America. And today, the third Gillman generation is active in the business.
Success has not altered the organization's founding principle. Every employee in every Gillman dealership knows customer satisfaction is paramount. And, they understand continued prosperity, as well as future growth, depends upon maintaining this long-established tradition of excellence.